Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Summer Reading Books

There are only a few days of school left, so it's just about time to start thinking about summer reading. The Teen Corner is chock full of summer reading books now! We have books for North Reading Middle School and High School, and the lists for a few of the local private schools (if you go to a private school, I'd love to get a copy of your list). All the summer reading books are shelved where the "New" books generally go (above the EBS books and graphic novels). If you have trouble finding a title you want, please ask a librarian!

So as not to feel left out of the summer reading phenomenon, I'll be reading as many of the summer books as I possibly can. I've already read a number of the books on the middle school and high school lists, so I'm starting with some of the non-fiction that I missed out on. I recently finished Bringing Down the House: The Inside Story of Six MIT Students Who Took Vegas for Millions by Ben Mezrich (I know more about blackjack than I ever thought I could!). And I've just started Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer, which is the true story of a young man who gave up everything he owned and wandered into the wilderness of Alaska...and never came out.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Flint Memorial Library
147 Park Street
North Reading, MA 01864
978.664.4942