Friday, November 04, 2005

Teen Corner Suggestions

This morning there were three notes in the Teen Corner suggestion box. Here they are with my responses to each one.

A Don Omar CD
- I'll look into it! I don't order CDs for the library, but I can make recommendations. So, I'll see what I can do.

You need more Reading Counts books
- I agree! There never seem to be enough on the shelf. Part of the problem at any time is that the Reading Counts books get checked out quickly, and stay out for a long time. If you're looking for a specific title we can always request it for you from another library. Another problem is space. We have duplicate copies of many of the Reading Counts books. If you check the catalog and see "Please See a Librarian" that means we have the book in storage and can go get it for you. Just ask me, or another staff member and we'd be happy to help you.

You can also check for Reading Counts books on the 3rd and 4th floor. Some of the titles are in the Adult and Children's collections. Like all of the books, they have big orange stickers on them so they're easy to find.

Rest assured that I continually check the Reading Counts list and try to increase our collection. Some of the books on the list are out of print, which means I can't buy them for the library. But please know I am working on the problem!

The library computers desperately need the Flash 8 update
- The computers in the Teen Corner now have the update. I will get to the 2nd floor computers as soon as I can!

If you have any recommendations you can leave notes in the Teen Corner suggestion box, email me at cshowman@mvlc.org or leave a comment on this blog.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Flint Memorial Library
147 Park Street
North Reading, MA 01864
978.664.4942